(2) CONTROLLER AND DATA PROTECTION OFFICER
The data controller is Ferrari S.p.A., with registered office at Via Emilia Est, N. 1163, Modena, Italy. You can contact the Ferrari's Data Protection Officer through our interactive webform.
(3) COLLECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We collect personal data, which is information that identifies you or relates to you as an identifiable individual.
(A) Information You Provide To Us
If you choose to engage in certain services offered on our Websites, we will collect personal data from you. We collect personal data from you when you:
- Contact us. When you send Ferrari a question or inquiry, or ask for other support, you will need to provide us with personal identifiers (name and email address), protected classifications (gender), and any other information you choose to provide in your correspondence. We use this personal data to respond to your questions or inquiries, troubleshoot where necessary, and address any issues you have with the Websites or the services offered thereon. The legal basis for this is performance of our contract with you (Article 6, par. 1, let. b of the GDPR).
- Register as an owner. If you register as a Ferrari owner, we will collect your personal identifiers (name, email address, date of birth, and physical address), protected classifications (gender), professional or employment information (your job activity), and commercial information (Vehicle Identification Number, vehicle information, and license plate number). Once your owner account is created, we will also store your password. We use this personal data to process your owner registration and create your account. The legal basis for this is performance of our contract with you (Article 6, par. 1, let. b of the GDPR).
- Request a service at an official Ferrari dealer and/or repairer. To request a service, we will collect your personal identifiers (name, email address, telephone number, and physical address) and commercial information (Vehicle Identification Number and details of your vehicle). We use this personal data to book your service appointment and communicate with you about your service request. The legal basis for this is performance of our contract with you (Article 6, par. 1, let. b of the GDPR).
- Profiling activities. If you opt-in, we may use your personal data to analyze your behaviors, habits and propensity to consume to enhance products and services provided by Ferrari, to satisfy your expectations as well as to send you marketing communications we feel may be of interest to you to you if you also have opted-in for Marketing. In doing so, Ferrari will analyze your preferences and interests using automated analysis techniques that provide Ferrari with inferences concerning you, including profiling. The legal basis for this is your consent (Article 6, par. 1, let. a of the GDPR). You may revoke your consent at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link provided within each email. This link will redirect you to our consent management page where you can opt-out of our newsletters and marketing communications.
- Subscribe to direct and indirect marketing communications. If you opt-in, we may also use your personal data (such as name, date of birth, address, phone number, e-mail) to send you marketing communications as well as sending advertising on Ferrari products, services, events, new collections or performing market researches (direct marketing) as well as on Ferrari’s commercial partners’ products belonging to different product categories (e.g. companies operating in the oil, automotive, IT sectors, etc.) (indirect marketing). This data may be processed in hardcopy, by automated or electronic means including via mail or e-mail, phone (e.g. phone calls, SMS), fax and any other mean (e.g. web sites, mobile apps). In doing so, Ferrari will analyze your preferences and interests using automated analysis techniques that provide Ferrari with inferences concerning you, including profiling if you have opted-in for this purpose. The legal basis for this is your consent (Article 6, par. 1, let. a of the GDPR). You may revoke your consent at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link provided within each email. This link will redirect you to our consent and newsletters management page where you can opt-out of our marketing communications.
- Subscribe to the Ferrari Newsletter. When you subscribe to the Ferrari newsletter, we will collect your personal identifiers (email address) and your preferences on the newsletters you wish to receive. We use this personal data to send you the newsletter(s) as requested. The legal basis for this is performance of our contract with you (Article 6, par. 1, let. b of the GDPR). You may unsubscribe at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link provided within each email. This link will redirect you to our consent and newsletters management page where you can opt-out of our newsletters.
- Subscribe to “The Official Ferrari Magazine”. When you subscribe to “The Official Ferrari Magazine”, we will collect your personal identifiers (name, email address, physical address, telephone number, and date of birth). We use this personal data to send you “The Official Ferrari Magazine” as requested. The legal basis for this is performance of our contract with you (Article 6, par. 1, let. b of the GDPR). We do not have access to the payment information you will use for this service.
Ferrari may also use the personal data we collect as described in this section to improve our products and services, to comply with the law, to efficiently maintain our business, and for other limited circumstances as described in HOW WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA. This is part of our legitimate interest in the performance of our contractual obligations, protection of legal rights, and compliance with legal obligations. Ferrari may also deidentify or aggregate the personal data for benchmarking purposes.
(B) Information Collected Automatically.
Cookies and Tracking Technologies
In addition to the personal data you provide directly, we may also collect information from you automatically as you use our Websites. This information includes the following internet or other electronic network activity information and location information:
- Usage information. This includes information regarding your interaction with our Websites, such as which pages you visit, the frequency of access, how much time you spend on each page, what you click on while on the Websites, and referring website addresses.
- Device information. This includes certain information about your device that you use to access our Websites, such as browser type, browser language, hardware model, operating system, and your preferences. For the MyFerrari mobile application, we will also assign a unique identifier to your mobile device.
- Location information. This includes information about your location, which may be determined through your IP address.
Bing Ads. Bing Ads is a remarketing service provided by Microsoft. We use Bing Ads to service you advertisements based on your past visits to the Websites. You can learn more about the privacy practices of Microsoft here. To opt-out of this sharing and of Bing Ads. You can follow the instructions here.
(C) Information Collected through other sources.
Social media listening (“SML”). From time to time, we may use SML tools to extract information (e.g. users’ comments concerning Ferrari, username etc.) from web sources (e.g. blogs, forums etc.) and social media channels. This activity is based on our legitimate interest to find insights into our brand's visibility on social media channels as well as to assess the impact of our web campaigns (Article 6, par. 1, let. f of the GDPR). For this purpose, we may process only publicly available information and derive statistical analysis from it.
Social networks. If you interact with us through social network platforms including Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube and any other similar platforms (“Social Networks”) when you complete specific forms (e.g. request of information etc.) and/or when you interact with our official Social Network pages / profiles, we may receive from Social Networks your personal data (e.g. e-mail, name, surname, country of origin, address, street number, town, postcode, city, telephone number), data relating to your vehicle (e.g. current model brand, next vehicle purchase), your interactions on the Social Networks (e.g. post that you like, private messages you may send us etc.). According to the settings you have chosen on your Social Networks profile, we may be able to receive additional data such as your age, groups you have joined, etc. that may lead us in certain cases to identify you. We may process your data to reply to your posts, requests and queries, to perform statistical analyses and market research on the users who interact with our pages and/or our websites as well as for marketing activities as described in section (A) if you opt-in.
Furthermore, in the event that you choose to register on the Websites through your Social Network account, we will receive some personal data from the Social Network of your choice (e.g. email, password, name, surname, date of birth, gender, job role, country, citizenship, address, telephone). The legal basis for this processing is the execution of our contract with you (Article 6, par. 1, let. b of the GDPR).
Please note that this section (C) only refers to Ferrari’s data processing. We are not liable in case of any unauthorized disclosure of your information by third-party social media channels, in breach of the options you have selected thereto and/or any consents you have provided. You may refer to such third-party social media channels websites and Social Networks to know more about their privacy policies relating to the data and consents you may have provided to them.
Ferrari Partners. In the event that you take part in initiatives or events organized by our commercial partners and / or request the latter to provide a service to you, we may receive your personal data to follow up on the requested service and / or the activities envisaged in the scope of the initiative or event (e.g. we could reward the winners of a competition organized by our commercial partners, etc.). The legal basis for this processing is the execution of our contract with you (Article 6, par. 1, let. b of the GDPR).
(4) HOW WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Ferrari may need to make the personal data identified in this Privacy Notice available within Ferrari, with official Ferrari dealers and repairers with service providers, or with other third parties. These instances include:
Within Ferrari. We may share your personal data with Ferrari subsidiaries for legitimate business purposes and general business management. The legal basis for this is our legitimate interest in carrying out our business efficiently.
With official Ferrari Dealers and Repairers. Based on specific contractual agreements, we share your personal data with our network of official Ferrari dealers and repairers who assist us in the provision of our products and services as well as in the organization and management of events.
With Service Providers. We may share your personal data with our service providers that assist us in providing the Websites. The legal basis is our legitimate interest in providing the Websites efficiently. These service providers include communication providers, web-hosting providers, IT support, our customer management platform, shipping providers, payment processors, call center providers, marketing providers, and e-commerce providers.
With Third Parties. We may need to disclose your personal data to third parties, such as legal advisors, law enforcement agencies, or governmental/regulatory bodies in order to protect our legal interests and other rights, protect against fraud or other illegal activities, prevent harm, for risk management purposes, and to comply with our legal obligations. The legal basis for this is compliance with the law, compliance with legal obligations, and our legitimate interest in the protection of the rights of others.
In the event of a Corporate Reorganization. In the event that we enter into, or intend to enter into, a transaction that alters the structure of our business, such as a reorganization, merger, acquisition, sale, joint venture, assignment, consolidation, transfer, change of control, or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock, we would share personal data with third parties, including the buyer or target (and their agents and advisors) for the purpose of facilitating and completing the transaction. We would also share personal data with third parties if we undergo bankruptcy or liquidation, in the course of such proceedings.
With Your Consent. Apart from the reasons identified above, we may request your permission to share your personal data for a specific purpose. We will notify you and request consent before you provide the Personal data or before the personal data you have already provided is shared for such purpose. You may revoke your consent at any time.
(5) YOUR DATA CHOICES AND THE POSSIBLE CONSEQUENCES OF FAILURE TO PROVIDE YOUR DATA
Correct or View Your Information. You may access your Ferrari owner’s account to correct or view certain personal data you have provided to us and which is associated with your account.
Online Advertising. To opt-out of interest based advertising generally or to learn more about the use of this information by our service providers you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative or the Digital Advertising Alliance. For European users, please visit the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance here.
Marketing Emails and newsletters. You may opt-out of receiving marketing emails and/or newsletters from us by clicking the “unsubscribe” link provided with each email. Please note that we will continue to send you notifications necessary to the Websites, your account, or requested products or services.
Device Location Settings. You may prevent your mobile device from sharing your location data by adjusting the permissions on your mobile device or within the MyFerrari mobile application.
Uninstall MyFerrari app. You can stop all further collection of your personal data by the MyFerrari mobile application by uninstalling the mobile application.
The provision of your personal data is always optional. However, any refusal to provide your personal data, in whole or in part, necessary for the provision of a service may make it impossible for Ferrari to allow the requested service to be provided.
If you choose not to provide your personal data for further marketing and profiling purposes or if you choose to withdraw your consent at a later stage, this will not compromise the fulfillment of the other purposes indicated above.
(6) YOUR RIGHTS
You have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- Right to Access. You have the right to ask Ferrari for copies of your personal data. This right has some exceptions, which means you may not always receive all personal data we process.
- Right to Rectification. You have the right to ask Ferrari to rectify personal data you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Right to Erasure. You have the right to ask Ferrari to erase your personal data in certain circumstances.
- Right to Restrict Processing. You have the right to ask Ferrari to restrict the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances. See YOUR DATA CHOICES AND THE POSSIBLE CONSEQUENCES OF FAILURE TO PROVIDE YOUR DATA for additional ways you can restrict processing of your personal data.
- Right to Data Portability. You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal data you gave us from one organization to another, or give it to you in a structured, ordinarily used, and readable format.
- Right to Lodge a Complaint. You have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
To exercise your rights, you may submit a request in writing to Ferrari S.p.A., via Abetone Inferiore 4, Maranello (MO), Italy or through our interactive webform.
(7) PERSONAL DATA TRANSFER OUTSIDE OF THE EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREA
Within its contractual relations, Ferrari may transfer personal data to countries outside of the European Economic Area (“EEA”). In the event personal data is transferred outside of the EEA, Ferrari will use appropriate contractual measures to guarantee an adequate protection of personal data, including implementation of agreements based on the standard contractual clauses adopted by the EU Commission.
(9) DO NOT TRACK
We do not respond to Do Not Track (“DNT”) requests. Do Not Track is a preference you can set in your web browser to inform Websites that you do not want to be tracked. You can enable or disable Do Not Track by visiting the Preferences or Settings page of your web browser.
(10) PROCESSING MEANS AND INFORMATION SECURITY
The processing of your personal data takes place using IT and manual tools, with logic strictly related to the purposes of the processing indicated above and, in any case, in order to guarantee the protection, confidentiality and security of the data. To protect your personal data from unauthorized access, destruction, use, modification, or disclosure, we have implemented technical, administrative, and physical security measures. These security measures include encryption, access controls, and anti-virus and anti-malware protection. However, no security measure or modality of data transmission is 100% secure and we are unable to guarantee the absolute security of the personal data we have collected from you.
(11) CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
The Websites and the services offered thereon are not intended for individuals under the age of eighteen (18) years. If we learn that we have collected or received personal data from individuals under the age of eighteen (18), we will delete the personal data. If you believe we have personal data on individuals under the age of eighteen (18), please contact us at the contact information provided below.
(13) LINK TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
Third party websites accessible from this website are under the third party responsibility. Ferrari declines all responsibility concerning requests and/or provision of personal data to third party websites.